Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Paul Connelly


Footprints

As I walk through life
Across this land
I leave some footprints
In the sand

Lives are like mountains
Full of ups and downs
Some live-in cities
Others live in towns

You only get from life
Whatever you put in
Taking small steps
And caring from within

Life can take many paths
Be full of twists and turns
It matters not where you go
This is how the body learns

Looking back along the beach
My footprints have all gone
It's an Image I remember
Never mind where I'm from


Untitled

My first academic school year
Was back in 1973
I walked with my father that day
Was not much taller than his knee

When entering the school
I started to cry
My father had left me
I didn't know why

My teacher was very tall
His eyes were scary and dark
I wanted to go home
To play with friends on the park

My early days in school
Was emotional I know
I needed to adapt quick
My father made me go

So on to high school I went
It's here I noticed the girls
Lots of smiling faces around
And some with one or two curls

I enjoyed sport in high school
I pushed and did my best
Running was my favourite
I always beat the rest

So graduation day has arrived
There was lots of laughter and tears
We have all moved on now
To enjoy the later years

1 comment:

  1. Hi thank-you so much for publishing my work.I feel blessed and very happy to be a part of spectrum.Once again Thank-you.

    ReplyDelete