Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Patricia Murphy

My Life At North Hollywood High School

I went to North Hollywood High School
where I studied voice, dance,
acting and French. 

I got A's in all my classes because
I loved them.   

I was also on the drill team and
we rehearsed every week. 

I wrote poetry and my poems
made it into our high school
yearbook. 

I studied voice on my own
with a female voice coach. 
I went to her house in Laurel
Canyon for my voice lessons
after school. 

I also went to the football games
and performed with the drill team. 

I studied French and dreamed of
going to Paris, France. 

During the summer I went to
Hollywood High School. 
I was in a play called "The Birds". 

I met a girl named Laura Latimer
and studied dance with her. 


 
Singing

I was very busy in high school studying
singing, dance, acting, French and poetry. 

My poems were published in
my North Hollywood High School yearbook.   

I went to school with my younger sister,
Shirley Marie.
We were very close. 

One time someone got into my school locker
and laced my sandwich with a drug. 

I ended up sleeping on my grandmother's
couch in her living room for a week. 
I survived.   
After this I always looked behind me. 

My sister supported me in my
creative endeavors. 

I also began modeling and studied
with Caroline Leonetti in Hollywood. 

l loved singing and studied voice
after school.  I took voice lessons
with a private voice teacher who
lived in a house in Laurel Canyon. 

I began working at thirteen years old
to pay for my voice lessons. 

When I was eighteen years old I
made my singing debut at my
uncle's restaurant, Barbata's
Steak House in Woodland Hills.   

No comments:

Post a Comment